Dar es Salaam, Tanzania – The EALA Committee on Agriculture, Tourism and Natural Resources is organizing a capacity building workshop on ‘Water Catchment, wetlands and existing policies in the EAC Partner States’ to enhance its knowledge on this natural resource. Participants, amongst others, are the 15 Members of the Committee and 5 representatives from the EAC Partner States.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- To enhance the Members’ knowledge on water resource and its management;
- To understand existing policies of EAC Partner States on the water resource and its management;
- To visualize challenges surrounding water resources in the region;
- To understand initiatives taken at the regional level for sustainable water resource management;
- To formulate necessary recommendations to safeguard water resources.